[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Wikimedia Sverige is hiring an Event manager for the Europeana Awareness project

Chris Keating chriskeatingwiki at gmail.com
Tue May 8 21:38:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM, Jan Ainali <jan.ainali at wikimedia.se> wrote:

> I have the great pleasure to announce that Wikimedia Sverige is hiring an
> Event manager for the Europeana Awareness project. The project, which is
> one of the biggest in the chapters history, is founded by the EU and is
> depending on competent people to carry it through.
>
> John Andersson, who is a long time Wikipedian (User:Jopparn) and is
> studying for a Master of Science in European Studies, will work full time
> from June 11 to 2013-12-31. John has good experience of the community and
> its policies and with his internship at the European parliament he also has
> a useful insight in the EU structur

Congratulations John on your appointment!

However, I do have one question for Jan and Wikimedia Sverige. I see that
WMSE's Europeana Awareness project page says:

"WMSE will organise at least six GLAM-Wiki Europe events/contests –
initially hosted at GLAMs in France, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Sweden
and UK"

Can I ask what contact you have had with the Wikimedia chapters in France,
Germany, Netherlands, Poland and the UK about this project?

Many thanks,

Chris
Wikimedia UK board