[Wikimedia-l] Public Google Calendar for IRC office hours

Michael Peel michael.peel at wikimedia.org.uk
Sat May 5 01:01:29 UTC 2012

I'm seriously having a hard time believing this. It's a trivial calendar. There are so many open solutions available. See, for example, just looking at mediawiki-integrated calendar solutions:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Calendar

I constructed a calendar system, relying just on PHP functions, a decade ago (albeit integrated with phpbb rather than mediawiki). It's not a big problem to solve in an open source manner.

There is, simply, *no* excuse for using a closed source piece of software to do this for Wikimedia purposes.

The mind boggles at this situation...

Mike