[Wikimedia-l] Public Google Calendar for IRC office hours

Oliver Keyes okeyes at wikimedia.org
Sat May 5 00:38:16 UTC 2012

On 5 May 2012 01:26, Jaan-Cornelius Kibelka <jckibelka at gmail.com> wrote:

> Come on, Michael, do you know a better solution? If there's no open source
> solution, Google Calender is the easiest way to fulfill the needs.
>
> Cornelius

What he said. Find me an open source equivalent that is as easy to use and
I'm happy to advocate for us using it until the cows come home. We adopt
open source software when possible, and proprietary software where there is
no open source alternative that does the job as well - interestingly, also
a principle that WMUK has played around with in the past. We *already* host
it in an open source, freely licensed, collaborative format. It's called
MediaWiki.

--
Oliver Keyes
Community Liaison, Product Development