[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Wikimedia Deutschland: monthly report April 2012

Michael Jahn michael.jahn at wikimedia.de
Wed May 2 20:57:41 UTC 2012

Dear all,

Wikimedia Deutschland's monthly report for April 2012 comes to you with
greetings from Germany's most important web conference. There is no en.wp
article about the "re:publica" (yet), so I'll link you to the German
article[1]. The re:publica 2012 takes place in Berlin, May 2-4. 270
speakers from more than 30 countries will address an audience of 4,000
bloggers, politicians and media people.

Wikimedia Deutschland is taking our core goals to this years re:publica. In
a dozen sessions at our own event booth we tell people about free
knowledge, free licenses, why Wikipedia needs more (female) editors, and
many more topics from participation to usability and quality. Among other
things, Wikidata is of course one of the most prolific subjects regarding
media coverage.

A Wikimedia recap of the event will certainly be part our next monthly
report. For now rest assured that the April report[2][3] holds its own ;-)
Go to Meta and learn about why we're posting a Wikipedian in Residence job
description and who was hired recently to support GLAM activities. Find out
about Wikidata's first month and what accounts for Wikimedia Deutschland's
upcoming surge of chapter members. No more spoilers.

[1] http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re:publica
[2]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/Reports/Wikimedia_Deutschland/April_2012
[3] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Reports

Kind regards
Michael
--
Michael Jahn
PR / Öffentlichkeitsarbeit

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Obentrautstraße 72 | 10963 Berlin
Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de <http://www.wikimedia.de>

Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch freien Zugang zu der
Gesamtheit des Wissens der Menschheit hat. Helfen Sie uns dabei!

*Helfen Sie mit, dass WIKIPEDIA von der UNESCO als erstes digitales
Weltkulturerbe anerkannt wird. Unterzeichnen Sie die Online-Petition:*
http://wikipedia.de/wke/Main_Page?setlang=de