[Wikimedia-l] Board visitors resolution passed

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 22:58:31 UTC 2012

All,
FYI

The Board of Trustees passed a resolution extending and making
permanent the Board Visitors visitors program,  which we tried out for
a one-year trial in 2011.
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Board_Visitors_%282012%29

The language is the same as that in the resolution establishing the
trial program:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Board_visitors

The resolution allows for having up to two visitors per year, who
would attend one meeting apiece. Board visitors sit in on the meeting
they attend for most items, but do not participate in voting or the
board email list.

The intent is that by having visitors the board can learn from
significant contributors and related institutions, while at the same
time related projects and institutions as well as individuals can
learn more about the WMF. The number of visitors and the amount they
can participate is deliberately limited to avoid becoming a
distraction.

Suggestions of potential visitors are welcome and should be made
directly to the board (via me or another trustee).

best,
phoebe

<at> gmail.com *