[Wikimedia-l] O'Dwyer

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 21:10:29 UTC 2012

On 27 June 2012 21:25, Andreas Kolbe <jayen466 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's just start with the notion that there might be more than just *one*
> view. ;)

Why start there? Again I understand you haven't really studied
copyright but quite a few wikipedians have. So everything from
copyright maximalist anarco-capitalists to the usual annoying
everything should be free crowd is well understood. And thats before
we even begin to consider historic positions and those that involve
technology that hasn't been invented yet.

> Useful article about the Internet's impact on musicians, in an independent
> UK music newspaper:
>
>http://www.thestoolpigeon.co.uk/features/interview-robert-levine-ben-watt-sopa-internet-piracy.html

Not really. No new stats no worthwhile legal or technical analysis.

> ---o0o---
>
> *How well drafted is SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) and what impact do you
> think it will have? *

SOAP is dead. It is largely irrelevant at this point. Perhaps you
couldn't find anyone talking about ACTA but that suggests a concerning
lack of google skills. Incidentally the length of your quote is really
pushing it a bit with regards to the UKs fair dealing provisions. But
perhaps you are unconcerned with such matters.

> It's nice to see not everyone has drunk the Kool-Aid.

Were you trying to say something here?

--
geni