[Wikimedia-l] O'Dwyer

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 21:05:38 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Thomas Morton <morton.thomas at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> On the topic of Jimmy; Wikipedia is his calling card, it opens doors. I
> think he hasn't done enough in many situations to distance his own views
> from us; which is unfortunate. But not necessarily deliberate :)
>
> As I said before; Wikipedia should have it's own view.
>
> It would be interesting to see the community develop its own high profile
> media contacts so this view can be communicated to the world!

If Jimmy can write this in The Guardian (a paper which really seems to like
him a lot),

---o0o---

Together, we won the battle against Sopa and Pipa. Together, we can win
this one too.

---o0o---

and it ends up copied in newspapers around the world,

https://news.google.co.uk/news/story?q=%22Together,+we+won+the+battle+against+Sopa+and+Pipa.+Together,+we+can+win+this+one+too.%22&hl=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1066&bih=743&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ncl=dgWkAFmBLjQBsNMJyGJqPnbvsPpkM&sa=X&ei=xXTrT8rQHYqp8QO_hqXVBQ&ved=0CC0QqgIwAA

attributed to the Wikipedia founder, then there really is no discernible
difference between his view and Wikipedia's, or Google's.