[Wikimedia-l] TVTropes deletes all pages with "Rape" in title under advertising pressure.

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 26 19:15:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 08:41:04PM +0100, geni wrote:
> On 26 June 2012 19:02, Kim Bruning <kim at bruning.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > In the mean time, the discussed tropes *do* exist in our culture and in our movies. It
> > somehow feels soviet. :-/
>
> A significant chunk of them would probably fail [[WP:V]]. Actually for
> the most part I just feel sorry for the people who are meant to
> enforce the new rules. On the other hand I note that home made
> explosive tropes are not affected.

TvTropes and en.wp have different foci, so that should not surprise
anyone. (else there wouldn't need to be 2 different wikis)

That said, a number of the expunged topics (eg. movies, books, etc) do
appear to overlap with articles on en.wp, where they are discussed in
our typical dry manner.

(This from a small sample, and they're still working at it, so
ymmv)

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning