[Wikimedia-l] Travel Site

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 05:25:36 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 5:23 AM, Keegan Peterzell <keegan.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 7:53 PM, James Heilman <jmh649 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The full proposal is here http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Travel_Guidewhich
>> we hope to present to the WMF board the day before Wikimania in Washington.
>> The outcome of the boards decision will than be announced at Wikimania.
>
> Considering how long board resolution discussions generally take, that
> seems like a fast turn-around to decision, to say the least.  Is the
> decision predetermined?

Resolution votes should take no more than three weeks if a resolution
is proposed and seconded; less for routine or urgent decisions.
Decisions at an in-person board meeting may be taken immediately,
particularly if the text of the motion considered was available a week
in advance for review.

[So, note to readers: if you want some topic brought before the board
for a vote, convince two Trustees to propose and second the text of a
resolution, and you will have an outcome within a few weeks.]

The Board has been following the public discussion on Meta for the
past month, and will have had time before Wikimania to follow any
input resulting from this more public announcement of the proposal.

No decision has been made; though we discussed internally whether the
idea had at least the potential to be in scope (if the answer had been
"no", we would have dissuaded the proponents from trying to organize a
broad public discussion).

SJ