[Wikimedia-l] Travel Site

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 25 03:40:37 UTC 2012

 the address is http://www.wikivoyage.org/

what is the difference to wikitravel.org? well it is in german and
italian, and missing information on places that are in the wikitravel.

For the würzburg article it seems pretty good at first glance it seems better

http://www.wikivoyage.org/de/W%C3%BCrzburg
compared to
http://wikitravel.org/de/W%C3%BCrzburg

mike

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 12:53 AM, James Heilman <jmh649 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The proposal for the Wikimedia Movement to take on a travel site continues
> to develop. The site WikiVoyage www.wikivoyage.com at their last board
> meeting has agreed in principle to join a WMF run site. This will mean that
> the WM movement has the potential ability to bring two communities of
> editors back together, those of WikiVoyage and those of Wikitravel.
>
> The full proposal is here http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Travel_Guide which
> we hope to present to the WMF board the day before Wikimania in Washington.
> The outcome of the boards decision will than be announced at Wikimania. We
> are also planning on having an informal get together of all those
> interested in travel content during lunch on July 12th at Wikimania (13:00
> to 14:00).
>
> --
> James Heilman
> MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian