[Wikimedia-l] Who invoked "principle of least surprise" for the image filter?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Jun 17 12:21:42 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 3:11 AM, Federico Leva (Nemo)
<nemowiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not that hard to
> understand, hence please avoid off-topic (see subject) paternalism.

I still don't understand how calling something "perfect" when you are
making an argument that it is the proper solution to a problem, is
sarcasm/irony.  Sarcasm/irony would be calling something perfect when
you are making an argument that it is not the proper solution.
Exaggerating a point on which you are incorrect is not sarcasm/irony.

In any case, I'm not sure where the paternalism is in my posts.  Yes,
I am giving the perspective of a father, but that is not paternalism.

No software is perfect.  No solution is perfect.  But don't let the
perfect be the enemy of the good.