[Wikimedia-l] CheckUser openness

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 01:02:21 UTC 2012

Why shouldn't spambots and vandals be notified? Just have the software
automatically email anyone that is CUed. Then the threshold is simply
whether you have an email address attached to your account or not.

This seems like a good idea. People have a right to know what is being done
with their data.