[Wikimedia-l] Who invoked "principle of least surprise" for the image filter?

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 21:47:48 UTC 2012

I can't say who came up with it.  The point I first became aware of it was
the posts, and consultation reports series, on Meta.  It may well have
predated that though, in which case I couldn't say.

to explore before that.  The topic was only discussed _in depth_ in a
limited number of places easily identified by search, the expressions are
very distinctive, and a list of wiki pages or list threads can be searched
fairly easily to find exact posts or dates.

FT2