[Wikimedia-l] Update on IPv6

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:41:18 UTC 2012

Yes. Risker has understood.

Her word "masking" means for me, that we would like to make it hard or
create a high hurdle, for third parties wanting to find or prove a link
between the public displayed ID of non-logged in users and other off-site
ID such as their IP address that can be used to externally correlate or
identify a real-world individual.   (Which is not really any more than we
do for logged in users)

What exact label is publicly displayed is secondary.  Otherwise
pseudonymity wouldn't work either.  Its functions are (1) attribution, (2)
a convenient shorthand for "the unknown real world individual responsible
for this edit" in wiki-discussions, and (3) some minimal consistency of
identification.

FT2