[Wikimedia-l] speedydeletion.wika.com lauched

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 12 22:59:28 UTC 2012

In theory, yes. However, if you're fetching page dumps conforming to the schema at
	http://www.mediawiki.org/xml/export-0.6/ http://www.mediawiki.org/xml/export-0.6.xsd

to some extent you've already got all the information anyway. It *almost* takes more work
to filter out just the authors. :-P

If you're getting page data in some different format, sure. :-)

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:47:31AM +0100, Thomas Morton wrote:
> This has been debated numerous times; to what extent does the attribution
> have to relate to the exact contribution of each author.
>
> A list of authors has been considered acceptable in the past (including
> on-wiki).
>
> Tom
>
> On 12 June 2012 23:48, Kim Bruning <kim at bruning.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 05:44:40AM +0000, Mike Dupont wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Again the full history is available on archive.org and i think that no
> > one
> > > is going to think that this data is from me, it is clearly marked as
> > being
> > > from wikipedia.
> >

> > You are very concientious, and normally this would indeed be adequate (not
> > perfect,
> > but definitely adequate :)
> >
> > It is adequate because wikipedia itself retains full attribution
> > information in
> > page history. One can follow the chain from the copy back to the wikipedia
> > original
> > back to the page history and voila, more than you ever wanted to know.
> >
> > The problem with deleted/hidden articles on en.wp is that the history
> > information
> > is also deleted/hidden; and therefore the attribution chain is broken.
> >
> > Attribution information is important for legal and open content reasons of
> > course.
> >
> > Is it possible to keep a copy of page history somewhere also?
> >
> > I know the mediawiki export/import functions support this, and work
> > via GET request.
> > see
> >        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export
> >
> > eg:
> >        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/Train
> >
> > sincerely,
> >        Kim Bruning

[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72
5ED6 E215 73EE AD84 E03A  01C5 94AC 7B0E FEF9 DD72