[Wikimedia-l] speedydeletion.wika.com lauched

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 11 08:11:06 UTC 2012

On 11 June 2012 08:40, Mike Dupont <jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:

> After rereading your question, it boils down to if the tags are wrong. If
> the tags are wrong we will have to deal with them on a case by case issue,
> and I see that we will have to do more finer tagging of articles to be
> deleted, I hope that this will be the outcome of my effort to see that
> articles that are properly tagged and deleted according to a fair and
> transparent set of rules. lets work on this together to make the wikipedia
> better.

I'm not sure if this is beneficial. Speedy tagging is the first line for
removing junk, inappropriate content, spam and obvious hoaxes. THe material
is of such low quality the only consideration is that it is deleted - not
how well we tag it for deletion.

Expending more effort on this material is non-optimal.

Tom