[Wikimedia-l] speedydeletion.wika.com lauched

Newyorkbrad newyorkbrad at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 07:15:05 UTC 2012

Although I can understand the appeal of this concept, I am concerned
that a deleted-articles wiki or site will perpetuate the publicity
given to pages that are properly deleted from Wikipedia because they
contain offensive personal attacks, harassment, cyberbullying,
defamation, and BLP violations. These are not always flagged in the
deletion grounds, especially in speedy situations (e.g. if a harassing
or defamatory article does not assert the subject's notability, it
will often be deleted on that ground without its being tagged as an
attack page, etc.). This issue strikes me as extremely serious. How do
you plan to address it?

Newyorkbrad