[Wikimedia-l] speedydeletion.wika.com lauched

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 10 10:12:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

I need one bit of help, is there any dump file of templates from the en
wikipedia? i would like to import those into the wikia.

I will add services to postprocess the data as we go, for example to look
for articles and mark them as really deleted, updating them if they change
on the main wiki and not yet on the copy. also i am considering to add to
the talk page and to the page of the users, we can do all that yes. I need
to look at how to implement that.

my next step will be to reduce the archive.org backups to only changes,
right now all the articles are taken as a snapshot every 30 minutes,
meaning that there are many copies of articles in the dumps.

I would like to install these scripts on the toolserver if there are no
objections, right now it is running on my laptop.

I also wanted to look for twitter accounts for example embedded in the
articles and tweet people, I did that for a handful of articles.  But that
can be done in the future as well, it is not needed right now.

mike

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Martijn Hoekstra <martijnhoekstra at gmail.com