[Wikimedia-l] The Grant Advisory Committee is expanding!

Asaf Bartov abartov at wikimedia.org
Tue Jun 5 00:33:30 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

The Wikimedia Foundation would like to expand its Grant Advisory
Committee[1], and we would like you to consider whether you might be
interested in volunteering in that capacity.

The GAC (as it is affectionately known) is an advisory body performing a
double function in relation to the Wikimedia Foundation's Grants Program[3]
--

1. The GAC advises grant applicants on how to improve and clarify their
proposals and their plans.  This often extends to advice not just about how

If this sounds like something you might want to help with, please review
the description of the GAC[1] and the membership criteria[2].  If you think
you meet the criteria, add your name to the candidates page[4] with a brief
statement demonstrating your meeting the criteria.  This is to be an open
process, and the number of seats on the GAC is not predetermined; we expect
all qualifying candidates to be admitted into the GAC.

Please help us reach potential volunteers by sharing/forwarding this
announcement in appropriate community mailing lists.

Finally, I'd like to thank the incumbent members of the GAC (founded
exactly one year ago), who are putting in their time and experience and
have been making a real difference in our grantmaking this past year.

Thank you,

   Asaf

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grant_Advisory_Committee
[2]