[Wikimedia-l] Any studies on economic impact of community-produced open data?

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Mon Jun 4 22:15:15 UTC 2012

On 4 June 2012 18:00, ??? <wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> With access across 24 time zones how do you pick out weekday office hours,
> as opposed to evening access?

Using non-English projects would give a more clear result here, I
think - speakers of, say, Italian or German are more concentrated in a
narrow time-zone band than speakers of English. To a first
approximation, 90-95% of the access by from speakers of those
languages is likely to take place in CET; you might well get the same
results for, say, Japanese.

Using Portuguese or Spanish would give you much less clear results,
comparable to English.

I don't know if anyone has graphed this, but I'd like to see the results :-)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk