[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Education] [WikiEN-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] 2012-13 Annual Plan of the Wikimedia Foundation

LiAnna Davis ldavis at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 30 22:24:21 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ive replied with more specific questions.
>
> This research was mentioned because of bold statements in the annual plan,
> and Tilman Bayer mentioned this blog post:
>
> https://blog.wikimedia.org/2012/04/19/wikipedia-education-program-stats-fall-2011/
>
> Which says U.S. Education Program users are three times better than other
> users.

Just to clarify, it says three times better than other *new* editors,
not established editors! New is a very key word there.

I'm afraid I don't know the answers to the questions you posted as I
was not involved in any of the methodology of this particular
research, but I will see if I can find answers for you.

LiAnna

--
LiAnna Davis
Wikipedia Education Program Communications Manager
ldavis at wikimedia.org