[Wikimedia-l] conversations between WMF and non-English projects

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 30 17:31:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> And, I would love to see us build a stronger structure for
> transmitting community concerns up to the WMF/chapters/developers/etc,
> and vice versa: we should work on rebuilding the embassy and
> ambassador network, creating translation and interwiki portals for
> small languages on those projects, and so on.

On the same topic:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2012-July/061691.html

In a nutshell: I'm working on reviving the (tech) ambassadors network
to improve two-way communication between engineers/developers and
local communities. I'm planning to have a draft by the end of the
week. I'll send a link to the list.

As Oliver mentioned, in the meantime, feel free to contact him or me directly.

--
Guillaume Paumier
Technical Communications Manager — Wikimedia Foundation