[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] 2012-13 Annual Plan of the Wikimedia Foundation

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 06:11:49 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 2:00 AM, MZMcBride <z at mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> Risker wrote:
> > This is a very good point, Thomas.  Why exactly is there no place on a
> > community wiki where this is being discussed?  Instead it is being
> > discussed on a mailing list to which the vast majority of the community
> > does not subscribe.
>
> Because you haven't created such a place yet. Meta-Wiki would be the
> appropriate wiki.

Let's use the page we used to use to discuss plans and budgets:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_budget

I know a few people would like to see the talk namespaces of
> wikimediafoundation.org opened up to general discussion, but that's a bit
> tricky with raw HTML being allowed there.

This shouldn't be a blocker.  Disallow raw HTML on talk pages?
Simply restrict editing to a higher 'autoconfirmed' standard?

I would like to see your ideas on how to do this; it seems like a good idea.

SJ