[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimediauk-l] The situation with the chair

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Fri Jul 27 12:08:43 UTC 2012

Irrespectively of the en.wp Arbcom decision (which I do not want to
discuss and I am not qualified to discuss) I think it is a very good
thing that wm.uk issued a statement. I wish other Chapters would follow
the lead, if needed. When Vladimir Medeyko, the president of wm.ru, and,
I believe, at the time the Chapter Council member, was banned by Arbcom
from editing Wikipedia and Wikipedia Talk space, nobody cared to issue
any public statements. We know that some people may be troublemakers on
some projects and marvellous on other projects or in other Wikimedia
activity, but I believe if troubles come statements should indeed be
issued by relevant authorities.

Cheers
Yaroslav