[Wikimedia-l] photography restrictions at the Olympics

Peter Coombe thewub.wiki at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 26 16:31:58 UTC 2012

Unfortunately people will still be bombarded with coverage of it from
everywhere else, so probably a futile gesture.

We may not be able to get photos of the glamorous sporting events to
illustrate our articles, but there are plenty of associated events
that ought to be documented which the IOC can't prevent you from
photographing and freely licensing: transport gridlock, surface-to-air
missiles on rooftops, soldiers drafted in to cover security etc etc.
;)

Pete / the wub