[Wikimedia-l] [Spam] Re: photography restrictions at the Olympics

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Wed Jul 25 10:44:38 UTC 2012

On 25 July 2012 10:29, Thomas Souza-Buckup <thomassouzabuckup at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lodewijk
>
> I agree with you. It makes a lot of sense to start now a negotiation with
> the IOC in order to prepare for the next Olympic Games taking place in
> Brazil in 2016. It may take a long time for us to see the first results and
> thereafter we should start asap a "more thorough long term lobby on this
> issue". Who else would like to join this task force?

Brazil is, of course, a very good situation to be looking at - Agencia
Brasil defaults to using CC-BY for much of its web content, and this
may be a good position to work from.

http://agenciabrasil.ebc.com.br/

"Todo o conteúdo deste site está publicado sob a Licença Creative
Commons Atribuição 3.0 Brasil."

Even if we cannot practically get anything in place for 2016 for
"outside" free content people, if ABr are able to release material in
2016 and the sky doesn't fall in, we're in a good position for
2018/2020...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk