[Wikimedia-l] Grant Advisory Committee Expanded

Katie Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Tue Jul 24 15:23:03 UTC 2012

 >> Which means the answer is no: not all committee members have been
 >> identified.
 >>
 >> Cheers
 >> Yaroslav

Hardly any are, including existing members. Those that are identified to
the foundation are so because of other current or former positions.

On 24/07/2012 16:13, Béria Lima wrote:
> The question is: They will?
>
> (For disclosure, I'm a member of GAC - since the beginning last year - and
> I'm identified since 2008.)

AFAIK, it's not been a requirement and it wasn't stated as a requirement
in the call for (self-)nomination, which I was slightly surprised at
initially but seeing as there's no access to either restricted
permissions or non-public data[1], is thus not covered by the Access to
nonpublic data policy[2].

KTC

(Disclosure: New member, identified 2008.)

[1] Everything is done on Meta
[2] <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Access_to_nonpublic_data_policy>

     - Heinrich Heine