[Wikimedia-l] photography restrictions at the Olympics

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Tue Jul 24 10:20:12 UTC 2012

2012/7/24 Richard Symonds <richard.symonds at wikimedia.org.uk>:
> WMUK have asked, and we live in London; some of us next door to the
> stadium. The answer is a resounding 'no' from all corners, even when we
> speak to the government. We've got a volunteer with very good access to the
> games, but even behind the scenes it's difficult to get photographs.

Thank you very much for this answer. I'm very glad to hear that you tried.

Did they explain the resounding 'no'? Do they consider WM-UK to be not
worthy of accreditation in general? Or do they refuse to give a
permission to release photos under Free Wikimedia-compatible licences?

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬