[Wikimedia-l] FAQ - Board Resolution on Personal Image Hiding Feature

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 19:59:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dan Rosenthal, 16/07/2012 20:01:
>
>  It's like you read the first 14 words, ignored everything else, and
>> twisted
>> it around until it doesn't even resemble what he actually said....
>>

> Oh really? <https://en.wikipedia.org/w/**index.php?title=User_talk:**
> Jimbo_Wales&diff=prev&oldid=**481889811<https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Jimbo_Wales&diff=prev&oldid=481889811>
> >
> What does it mean in your opinion then?

It means exactly what Jimmy said.

"Commons would be a lot better off placed under the jurisdiction of our
ArbCom, but that isn't going to happen. What would be best would be for
Commons to get their house in order themselves. I hope people are willing
to help them with that. There are good people at commons who are trying.-"

Jimmy is saying that Commons should fix their own problems, and that it
ISN'T going to be placed under ArbCom's jurisdiction. The words "en.wiki
community should rule Commons" are not anywhere to be found, either in
letter or in spirit. What you suggested that he said rises to the Fox News
level of misleading.