[Wikimedia-l] Apparently, Wikipedia is ugly

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 01:51:12 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 7:34 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 July 2012 14:44, Andreas Kolbe <jayen466 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The way to solve the design issue is to enable third parties to create
> > alternative skins that users can install in preference over the default
> > ones offered by the Foundation. Surely that's the sort of thing open
> > software is about.
>
> err monobook.css and monobook.js or whatever they are called these days.

Gee. I'd want a webpage that shows me hundreds of different ways Wikipedia
can look – pink, green, yellow, pastel; serious, snazzy, fun or weird;
sidebar left, right, top, or bottom – created by talented designers, where
I can point and click to install the one I like in less than a minute.

Something ... you know ... user-friendly, for non-programmers.