[Wikimedia-l] Russian Wikipedia goes on strike

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Jul 12 18:59:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Mike Godwin <mnemonic at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
>
>>> So? I gave you pointers to regs for 501(c)(3), (c)(4), etc.
>>
>> Well, no, you didn't.
>
> I think most people will agree that I did give you pointers to the
> regs. I agree that I did not give you direct links to the regs.

Okay.  Is there something in those regs which regulates what WMF "can
and cannot do politically"?  All I see is regulations stating that WMF
may be taxed based on what is does.

When you said "Wikimedia Foundation, as a corporation, is profoundly
regulated in what it can and cannot do politically", I thought you
were referring to some regulation(s) outside of the internal revenue
code.  Were you?