[Wikimedia-l] Russian Wikipedia goes on strike

Виктория mstislavl1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:53:11 UTC 2012

Milos,

>BTW, 292:22 doesn't look like a lack of participation nor as a lack of
>consensus. And the actions which affect the real world have their
>right time, unlike building the knowledge.

Did you count how many of thsee 292 votes, especially among the last couple
of hundred, have a right for RFA vote and how many among 22 (mainly
opinions, not votes) are admins? The poll was formulated in such a way
(against censorhip), that it begged for Support and the short time didn't
allow a lot of people to express their opinion - an opinion  have to be
formulated, written down, even edited, unlike vote.

What we have is a flasmob, which is very dangerous thing to approve. This
time we were lucky that the poll was in general vein of the WM movement
strategy, but knowing the situation in Russia we can (very soon) have, for
example, a

Russian Wikipedia for Russians

banner  on the main page  after 300 editors voted for it.

Regards

Russian-speaking British/Belarusian citizen

Victoria