[Wikimedia-l] Declaring my candidacy

Theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 22:01:36 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM, Alice Wiegand <me.lyzzy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Thehelpfulone,
>
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Thehelpfulone
> <thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Given that
> >
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Secretary-General
> > is
> > still in a draft format and hasn't significantly been touched since April
> > 2012, I'm inclined to say that this is premature. In addition, there's a
> > question related to this on the talk page,
> >
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Secretary-General#Status
> > that's
> > been unanswered for just under a month. Where have recent discussions, if
> > any, been taking place as I seem unable to find them on-wiki (and I don't
> > think a WCA specific mailing list exists)?
> > I don't intend to sound hostile
> > and in no way am I opposing your candidacy, it's just your email has just
> > brought up quite a few questions that don't appear to have been answered
> as
> > of yet.
>
> and if it would be only this - bringing process and discussion into
> the public again - it is appreciated. Questions on Meta about the
> state of the process remained unanswered and I as one of those who are
> really interested but limited to the information published on meta,
> this mailing list and internal-l, I am still unsure about the current
> state of the WCA and I hope that discussions and reports will follow.
> Rather here or on Meta than on closed mailing lists.
>
> Regards, Alice.

Alice, Craig did provide an update for only you on meta just a couple of
weeks ago[1]. There has been little to no discussion recently, aside from
whatever the committee has talked about between themselves. In fact, you
would probably know more about the subject of this thread than most of us,
since sebastian is/was your former board member and most of us on Internal
are as surprised as anyone else here. None of us know what progress he has
made.

You would also have to accept that you are/will be part of the WMF board.
You'd have access to less and in some case, more information, but not a lot
besides what people choose to disclose. This interim time between the WMDE
board and WMF board is transitory. So, I would only remind that you be
patient for now, you will not be entitled to any more or less information
than rest of the board, as much as all of us here are entitled to what the
board has or will discuss. And I do recall when the calls were made last to
ask what the board was discussing. Somehow the rest of the board seems to
have subsisted on the available information.

Regards
Theo

[1]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Place_of_registration#obsolete_discussion