[Wikimedia-l] crazy deletionists!

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 00:56:38 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Marc A. Pelletier <marc at uberbox.org> wrote:
> There's nothing that prevents a subject from having an article in both
> namespaces.  One can be seen as the complement of the other; mainspace would
> become more encyclopedic and there would be a neat space where the more
> recent coverage can be found for further information.
>
> It'd only be a matter of educating editors and readers; the mainspace is the
> most reliable and seriously sourced "base" of articles, at the cost of being
> possibly a bit dated or drier.  The space "below the fold" is more timely,
> and possibly more detailed at the cost of being possibly less reliable.

This is a good idea, and you can take it further, as suggested in the
past:  we need a space in which one can draft verifiable articles
about any topic, without arguments about notability.

Just as Wikipedia was a 'simple, unreliable scratch space' to let
everyone draft articles for nupedia, we need the same sort of space to
let everyone draft articles for [what we currently think of as]
wikipedia.

SJ