[Wikimedia-l] Why is not free?

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 21:51:42 UTC 2012

Think of a logo or a trademark as an identity; the arguments for releasing
free informational content are totally separate from allowing others to
make free use of your (or WMFs) identity. You might as well ask why not
release your name for any possible commercial use. I suspect you wouldn't
agree to do that.