[Wikimedia-l] OFFICE actions and WMF image tagging

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 18:08:05 UTC 2012

I love it when people send e-mails to the public list, and purposefully
refrain from actually discussing the actual events at issue. You have to
read 3/4ths of the e-mail to get an idea that it's about someone being
blocked, but you still don't know why, when, or by whom.

Following the yellow brick road, however, leads you to discover that this
is about a global ban of user Beta_M, performed by the WMF as an office
action seemingly in March of this year. Phillipe, Maggie Dennis, Jimbo and
Sue have all weighed in on the issue, saying that they are unable to
disclose specifics for this case but that the decision was made by Sue in
consultation with the WMF general counsel.

So, can you say what it is about this that made you bring it up now, in
July?