[Wikimedia-l] crazy deletionists!

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Tue Jul 3 13:42:45 UTC 2012

> I think that is a very dismissive misreading of the discussion.
>
> Some people have it in their heads that "appears in reliable sources
> equates to article-worthiness", but the problem here is that the doings
> of celebrities is covered in excruciating detial by the media, including
> what tey eat, the clothes they wear, and so on.  Same for some
> politicians, such as every Thanksgiving some poor sod gets to stand
> outside the White House gate and breathlessly report what is on the
> President's table, or at XMas the reports of what the First Family bought
> each other.  Reliably sourced?  Yes.  Encyclopedic worthiness of "White
> House Thanksgiving 2009 Dinner Table" ?  None at all.

I guess anything that people are interested in is our guideline; however
those who are interested it are going to have to write, and monitor, most
of this stuff themselves. It can be interesting. I remember a TV show
about Queen Elizabeth's kitchen; fascinating, in a way...

Actually, White House cuisine is an issue; prime rib, real prime rib, is
readily available to the White House; eating a lot of that, a favorite of
Nixon, will clog up blood circulation to the brain.

Fred