[Foundation-l] POV in Chechen Wikipedia

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Fri Jan 27 14:32:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:23:22 +0100, Thomas Goldammer
<thogol at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hm, I think closing it is no option we should really consider. Maybe
> we must try to share apart those who have understood the principles
> and abide by them and those who don't and - well - remove sysop rights
> of the latter group and encourage the first group to have the wiki
> cleaned up and to enforce the basic principles... But, as I said,
> someone trustworthy with language abilities will be needed.
>
> Th.

Right, I do not think closing would be any good. I think we should hear
the sides first. I mailed Umar Dagirov a link (he did not respond yet), and
I would appreciate if one of the stewards would inform the other party in
Chechen Wikipedia. (I am hesitant to do it, since I may be immediately
blocked there, and this would really complicate things). This can hopefully
be all done without a language expert. At the next stage, we would indeed
need to see who has understood the principles and is willing to follow them
- and afterwards we might need a language expert.

Cheers
Yaroslav