[Foundation-l] POV in Chechen Wikipedia

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Fri Jan 27 12:08:32 UTC 2012

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:58:02 +0100, Thomas Goldammer
<thogol at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
>
> Thanks for bringing this up, Yaroslav. If it turns out to be a really
> solid claim, we would need someone neutral with language competence to
> figure out what is going on there... Any ideas? I have a retired
> professor in mind who speaks the language fairly well (Johanna Nichols
> from UC Berkeley), but that could involve costs for the WMF. I don't
> know anyone else who is not from Chechnya and still speaks Chechen.
>

> Th.

I see
http://ce.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%85%D0%B0%D0%BD:Contributions/62.235.129.170
that today in all articles Russian Federation was again replaced with
Chechnya as the state in the infobox. Which means, I am afraid, that the
claim is serious. Indeed, I think we should be looking for people who are
not ethnic Chechens but still speak the language to some extent. May be the
Language Committee has better ideas. If we could not find any reasonable
solution, may be one needs just to close down the project, because
currently it seems to be just a POV website.

Cheers
Yaroslav