[Foundation-l] iBooks vs. wBooks?

Orionist orion.ist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 07:47:48 UTC 2012

In fact Apple took the standard epub format and added their own proprietary
elements, thus creating a new proprietary "ibooks" format. The new format
will only be readable with the iBooks 2 software which is confined to iOS.
The format specs are not published either, so I won't hold my breath for
compatible readers from other companies.

Regards,
--
Orionist