[Foundation-l] iBooks vs. wBooks?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 21:16:52 UTC 2012

Hoi,
I think we should not support Apple in breaking the standard and in
preventing us from using our work anywhere else. We take pride in being
freely licensed and there is no excuse for the walled garden approach taken
by Apple. There is also no excuse for us endorsing this behaviour.

Obviously as what we do is freely licensed or public domain you can do
whatever as long as the license requirements are maintained. I am sure that
as a consequence you cannot legally publish in Apple's walled garden. I
hate to see anything done in this area that is endorsed by the Wikimedia
Foundation.
Thanks,
     Gerard