[Foundation-l] [Wikisource-l] Fwd: ACTA analysis?

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:10:46 UTC 2012

Klaus Graf, 25/01/2012 14:00:
> The law counsel recommandation of 2007 wasn't communicated to the
> other WS and WE SHOULD IGNORE IT. It's clear that WMF has NOW to say
> what is possible in the light of the Supreme Court Decision -
> regarding Commons and the other WMF projects.
>
> This is a clear issue of a WMF board resolution and not for an opinion
> peace on a talk page which is executed from an incompetent WS branch.

I mentioned a Wikisource-specific old decision, but that's always been
the established policy on all WMF wikis, which has just been confirmed
by the new terms of use draft: «For clarity, applicable law includes at
least the laws of the United States of America»
(<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Terms_of_use#1._Our_Services>).
I'm not expressing an opinion about this, I've just remembered that
you're not trying to prevent a possible future decision but to overturn
an old established one, so it will be more difficult than you envision.

Nemo