[Foundation-l] ACTA analysis?

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 09:30:24 UTC 2012

Tomasz Ganicz, 25/01/2012 09:22:
> I don't know if there is manpower for this - but it would be great if
> the analysis covers also impact of ACTA on EU law and EU related
> Wikipedias (those which have majority of editors from EU countries).
> In case of EU - there is slightly more time -than for US. ACTA was
> signed by Council of the European Union but not yet ratified by EU and
> local Parliaments.
>
> By the way - yesterday the Polish goverment officially announced that
> it will sign ACTA at the moment where on streets of Warsaw there was
> around 10 000 protesting people.

The European Parliament spoke against ACTA following a huge campaign
<http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-//EP//TEXT+MOTION+P7-RC-2010-0154+0+DOC+XML+V0//EN>
but I don't understand what happened after that.
Given the current state of European affairs, it's not so unlikely that
the Parliament will go against the Commission and/or governments.

Nemo