[Foundation-l] Adding a comment section under every Wikipedia article

David Richfield davidrichfield at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:09:12 UTC 2012

I would like to add my voice to the list of those who say that this is
a very bad idea, for reasons already listed.

One kernel of truth is that users who are unfamiliar with Wikipedia
expect discussion at the bottom of EVERYTHING on the web.  Blog posts,
videos, facebook posts.

Maybe at the bottom of the page, put a big fat link to the talk tab?

I would not mind social media buttons at the bottom of a page, but I
think I'm the minority here.  I certainly don't think it's
strategically necessary, but I'm no strategy expert.

David Richfield [[en:User:Slashme]]