[Foundation-l] Politico: "Wikimedia foundation hires lobbyists on sopa, pipa"

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 21:44:37 UTC 2012

Not least our public life-blood comes from the perception we're
independent, non-profit motivated, charitable, public welfare motivated,
grass-roots - not a "Silicon Valley giant". We have spent years explaining
we have just 75 staff and volunteer writers. We seek small donations to be
aligned to the public and avoid pressure (even if we wouldn't succumb).
That's our support. It means although we have some shared wishes and broad
alignments of interest, we must be very careful to think "outside the box"
somewhat on these issues. It's what we've done the last 11 years.

FT2