[Foundation-l] FW: [Wikitech-l] proposed tech conference anti-harassment policy

Mr. Gregory Varnum gregory.varnum at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 23:33:48 UTC 2012

I fully supported this policy's development and feel volunteers impacted by it were directly involved in its authoring.

Should the intro be modified to make it clearer this is for tech conferences? Although I personally didn't find that confusing.

MZMcBride - I guess I'm unclear what the purpose of this thread is. Just a FYI or are you asking for something specific to be done? I'm not sure how you got confused about its scope given the listserv you forwarded this from which outlined all this in great depth already.

A separate discussion - not on this thread - about similar or broader policies for use outside the Wikimedia developer community seems appropriate and I'd agree this list is the right forum for that discussion. I don't think it's the best place for a discussion on this particular policy.

-Greg

Sent from my iPhone. Apologies for any typos. A more detailed response may be sent later.