[Foundation-l] Policies on wikimediafoundation.org

Samuel Klein sjklein at hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Jan 21 23:30:56 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Jesse (Pathoschild)
<pathoschild at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 19:38, Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think it makes sense to better delineate what applies to different
>> groups.
>
> Agreed. A good starting point is the navigation template for
> Board-approved policies, which distinguishes between global policies
> (like the licensing policy) and staff policies (like the credit card
> usage policy): https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Template:Policy-board

Yes.  I just split the policy template into -board and -staff to
suggest which group is effectively maintaining that policy.  Some
staff policies started life via a Board resolution when the staff was
small, but should now be maintanied by staff.

We might want a -draft template as well for policies in development.

S.