[Foundation-l] FW: [Wikitech-l] proposed tech conference anti-harassment policy

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Sat Jan 21 22:57:55 UTC 2012

David Gerard wrote:
> On 21 January 2012 22:50, Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If a policy makes good sense, we clearly need it, and feedback about the
>> text is mostly positive, then we should adopt it. Rejecting a good idea
>> because of process wonkery is stupid.
>
> +1

David, I'm a bit surprised that you think a policy that includes the
language "Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference
venue or talks." is a good idea. I think it'd be difficult to have a
discussion about Wikimedia Commons with a rule like this. Was this what you
were +1ing?

MZMcBride