[Foundation-l] Canadian consultation on Trans Pacific

Marco Chiesa chiesa.marco at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 16:10:58 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 3:15 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 January 2012 14:08, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> WMIT is interested, too, because the board has decided to move the
>> semi-free and PD-Italy content hosted on biblioteca.wikimedia.it to
>> wikilivres and we'd like Canada to be still able to host it...
>

> PD-Italy is broader than PD-Canada - would Wikilivres be able to?

Basically, WM-IT hosts a small library with works of Italian authors
which are PD in Italy but not in the US. Basically, in Italy it's PD
70 years after the author's death, but the works were published after
1923, so they are still (c) in the US. The idea is to avoid
duplicating efforts when wikilivres is already there.
Cruccone