[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Poland's travelling POTY exhibition moves south

Tomasz Kozłowski odder.wiki at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 17:35:04 UTC 2012

Dear all,
I am delighted to announce that the first-ever travelling POTY pictures
exhibition, organised by Wikimedia Poland, is moving to yet another
Polish city. Starting next Wednesday, January 18, 16 images chosen in
the annual POTY contests are going to be shown at the Municipal Public
Library in [[Bytom]] in the south, less than 90 km from the Czech Polish
border.

As some of you may recall, the exhibition premièred during the 10th
anniversary of the Polish Wikipedia conference, held in Poznań last
September, having been visited by a few hundred visitors in just two
weeks. Our first stop outside Poznań was Przystanek Książka, one of
Warsaw's media libraries, where the exhibition was shown from November
28, 2011 to January 11, 2012, and has been visited by over a thousand
visitors (after making it to the main page of Gazeta.pl, one of Poland's
most popular news sites)!

With high hopes, we are now moving to Bytom, where the pictures are
going to be showcased until February 18. The opening of the exhibition
will be accompanied by a public lecture on Polish Wikipedia and a
Wikipedia editing workshop for 50+ people, led by Wikimedian Paweł
Marynowski ([[user:Yarl]]).

For those of you currently living in the south of Poland or planning to
visit the Upper Silesia Metroplex (e.g. Katowice) in the upcoming weeks:
the library is located at 3 Jan III Sobieski Square in Bytom, just 400
metres north of Bytom Market Square, with direct public transport from
Katowice (bus lines "820" and "830") and is open on working days from 8
AM until 7 PM (8 AM-3 PM on Saturdays).

We are still looking for more organisations and institutions willing to
hold the exhibition – and if there's anyone from the neighbouring
(European) countries willing to get involved (we are particularly
looking at our WMCEE friends now :)), feel free to approach me at
<tomasz.kozlowski @ wikimedia.pl>.

Regards,
--
Tomasz Kozłowski | [[user:odder]]